Saturday, October 22, 2011

a father and his daughters

I chuckle to myself... thinking of how my husband, the oldest of three boys, has been blessed with three daughters.  Oh, how these girls adore their daddy and want to please him.  It is a good thing that these girls came in little packages, to give him time to adjust to the whole girl world.  I mean, who could imagine the pairs of shoes that three girls acquire.  It just blows his mind sometimes, and is truly something more than he can comprehend.  "Seriously?  They need more than two pairs of shoes?" he might say on any given afternoon.  Yes, dear.  A girl needs a couple of pairs of flip-flops, tennis shoes, and a couple of pairs of nice shoes for church and outings (white, brown, and maybe black).  And this is just for summer.  Winter shoe selections get a bit bulkier, so the numbers seem more enormous even when they truly are not.

So tonight, that daddy of my girls has purchased a new Wii game for them to play together.  Honestly, we don't watch much TV around here.  The girls enjoy reading blogs and an occasional movie, but other than that, the bulk of entertainment comes from book reading, school work, knitting, or playing outside (or inside with dear June, the border collie puppy).  This Wii game has various sports games to satisfy each girls' taste, and they all appeal to their father.  I mean, the oldest of three boys... he likes sports! 

As I type this, I smile and hear cheers of excitement as they currently play a game of snowboarding together.  All four of them .  This really works great, as it gives me a bit of quiet time.  I can quickly slip away to have some time to follow up on email, catch up on recordkeeping for our homeschool, or escape into a story on a friend's blog.  The best part is knowing that these girls are enjoying their daddy in a way that he can relate to... and shoes are not required.  Oh, I love that husband of mine!

2 comments:

  1. No shoes required:) Made me giggle! What a precious image of them having fun together. I can relate a wee bit here. . . and would you believe I've not played our Wii at all?!! It's a Daddy/daughter deal here. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he is one of three boys, father to three girls!

    Thank you for prayers, sweet friend! Hope to spend time with you soon :)

    ReplyDelete